Tuesday, October 27, 2009

a lull in my month

been a busy girl this school year, been averaging 60 hour weeks, 6 days a week. doesn't feel like work though...mostly driving to a destination ... sitting, or taking a walk, always a nap, or reading...then load some kids and go home. sometimes they are stinky wet football players, sometimes screaming singing high school girls, or silent forced to think about their loss sophomores. i am lucky I enjoy my job. many of the children I knew long ago when I worked for the special ed co-op are now nearly grown, once innocent sweet 4 year olds they are now men or women going to high school ... struggling like any teen to fit in. they are still sweet though, most remember me.

i still see many kids I've driven in the past...they all still say, "Rose why aren't you are driver?". i always say, "maybe next year, kid, maybe next year..."

It's good to be appreciated....

3 comments:

Martha said...

I'm so glad to hear you are in again this year for Nablopomo - I miss you!

Martha said...

PS - it is amazing how quickly the kids we work with grow up, never mind our own! I swear I really don't know where the time goes!!

Lori said...

It's so nice to have a job like that where you are appreciated!