Saturday, November 6, 2010

on we go...


Another day of drama at my job...we are allowed many benefits including sick days. Many take Friday's off...so again yesterday was a bit nutty. I had evacuation drills at one of the junior highs & was there most of the day. The temperature was 40 with high wind...made for a chilly day. Thank God for my new Car hart coat! Then I was called back to cover a route that another girl was supposed to do, but was changed as the dispatcher favors her...(she likes to leave early on Fridays to travel 5 hours to see new boyfriend for the weekend) said girl did not check in for pm routes and left on the route before she realized I was to do it...oh well...I got off early and went home to start my weekend.

The schools are between sports right now so I am home a lot now which is good. Normally I am gone at least 4 nights a week plus Saturday. I can bring the "mom/grandma" sanity to my boy filled house. Gets crazy at times with all the boy action but the kids are involved in park district sports that helps channel the energy.

I have taken to walking miles at a time a day to relieve my own stress...plus my son Tim's dog Tator requires a daily walk as she is a ball of energy herself. She and I both take at least a half hour a day hike around the neighborhood.

Winter sports will be starting soon& my Christmas break Florida trip will be here soon enough...giving me time to regroup and nest for awhile.

Have a great weekend gang!


3 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I've been out twice around the yard here today with my son's dog. It's cold but the sun is out. Here in the country there are no sidewalks just a lot of land. Walking on sidewalks is easier. Hope your Saturday is a great one!

Martha said...

Wishing you and yours a great weekend too Rose! :-)

Parsley said...

Tator!!! CUTIE PATOOTIE!