Thursday, November 4, 2010

a month of grateful


Kids are here nearly all week now...decisions will be made soon about their permanent residence. If it was up to them it would be here all the time. Up to me...I agree.

So much has happened this past year that my head is spinning...I try to not internalize all the drama. Try to enjoy the kids, my job and my life.

These are crazy times for everybody. Our school district is feeling the pain of the bad economy. Homeless families moving in with other family members ... the kids need to be bused even if they are out of district. I know many of these kids, try and reassure them that they aren't freaks that they aren't different...that things will be ok. Hope that's true.

I am going to go along with the rest of the bloggers this month and focus on being grateful...

Today...I am grateful for our jobs...

Jobs give you a place to feel useful and for me help sustain the rest of the family...my parents did it for me...so I do it for them...it's all about them and the future.


I am grateful for you guys...you guys never let me down or feel the downturn of the world you all are always there through think and thin!


7 comments:

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Jobs and families give us a sense of purpose that feeds and nourishes our inborn need to be needed.

Anonymous said...

Hi, found your blog through the NaBloPoMo randomizer. Anyway, I really liked this post today. It's so important to stop and think about what we have to be grateful for and nowadays with everything moving so fast that isn't always easy.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Having a job is important and I'm thankful that for many years I had one that enabled me to be able to retire! Even when we hate going to work sometimes it is better than the alternative.

Martha said...

Right there with you on being thankful for our jobs. So many cuts in the school systems, lots of jobs lost, lost of programs cut. It's been a bad time.

Hope everything else works out ok for you Rose ::hugs::

Anonymous said...

I did figure if it was up to you...they'd be there. I hope it does work out that way. ~Mary

sunflowerkat said...

I just read back a few entries to learn what was going on with you and the kids. It sounds like being with you provides the boys with an environment that feels peaceful and secure. I'm sure whatever happens, you will continue to be that safe haven for them. When things like this happen, there's just no place like grandmother's house.

Lori said...

I'm glad your there for your grandkids. Hope they get to stay with you.